Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ready(?)

Ready.



Ready.



Ready.



Ready?



In two days we walk under African skies. In three we meet our dream made flesh.

Commence Paul Simon soundtrack of my life.

No I would not give you false hope
On this strange and mournful day
When the mother and child reunion
Is only a motion away . . .

Joseph's face was black as night
The pale yellow moon shone in his eyes
His path was marked
By the stars in the Southern Hemisphere
And he walked his days
Under African skies
This is the story of how we begin to remember
This is the powerful pulsing of love in the vein
After the dream of falling and calling your name out
These are the roots of rhythm
And the roots of rhythm remain . . .

Too many people on the bus from the airport
Too many holes in the crust of the earth
The planet groans
Every time it registers another birth

But down among the reeds and rushes
A baby girl was found
Her eyes as clear as centuries
Her silky hair was brown

Never been lonely
Never been lied to
Never had to scuffle in fear
Nothing denied to
Born at the instant
The church bells chime
And the whole world whispering
Born at the right time
Born at the right time

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I was gonna use this as my blog title too...but I think it fits yours much better.
Joel

Stacie said...

Beautiful! I have chills! Good luck with your travels- I will say prayers for a safe journey to bring your baby girl home!

RMMcDowell said...

Cute hair!!

Can't wait to see the family of three. :)

Unknown said...

So pretty much...
I love you beyond all reason.
Like... whoa.
I think that just about covers that.
Oh yea!
Have fun.
Cause if you don't.
I'll be sad.

Marc and Gretchen said...

To agree with Beka, very cute hair! I am praying for you all, and can't wait to hear all the stories!