Thursday, August 03, 2006

Monday, Study Monday . . .

HOME STUDY VISIT MONDAY! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!

What was I thinking when Aaron was on the phone with Social Worker S. deciding on Monday versus Tuesday and I said Monday morning is fine? Tuesday would have given me 24 more hours to prepare, clean, worry, kill fruit flies (little #&%!*s are driving me nuts but goin' down!), organize, be anxious, safety check, rehearse, and get nervous!

I'm actually not truly concerned, although at times when I think about it I get a surge of nervous energy. Not really butterflies, but kind of jittery. No coffee this week!

S.W.S. has been so nice and helpful on the phone, I'm sure she won't be scary in person. Aaron actually asked her if she's "one of those mean ones" and she denied it. She's extremely chatty and easy to talk with. Should make the visit go fast, but on the other hand, if we have to discuss a bunch of specific things without getting sidetracked, it could take forever. She said not to worry about cleaning--but I was going to use this as my only motivation to clean things I never clean. When will I ever scrub baseboards with a toothbrush if not for home study? Too bad, 'cuz there's no time!

I may now return to my regularly scheduled neurosis already in progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy and Aaron! I'm so happy for you guys! Overjoyed even! You'll make incredibly good parents.

Gretchen Driesenga said...

wow- i almost cried when i got your email last week...i am so excited for you guys. are you coming to michigan before all this happnes? if not, the next time i see you, you'll be a mom! how awesome. i will be praying for you both in this process. i'm proud of you guys!